Sep 26, 2018
ANNAPOLIS, Md. — The American University women's soccer team fell to Navy, 3-2, in overtime on Wednesday evening at the Glenn Warner Soccer Facility.
- Senior Yari Bradfield scored both American goals and leads the Patriot League with nine goals on the season.
- Bradfield is one goal shy of tying head coach Anabel Hering on the AU single-season record book. Hering scored 10 goals in 2002 and 2003.
- Bradfield has a chance to win the contest in the 95th minute but Navy keeper Sydney Fortson made the save.
- Senior Gabriela Maldonado and junior Samm Francucci were credited with assists on Bradfield's first goal.
- Elanor Pratt scored two goals for Navy, including the game-tying goal with 50 seconds remaining in regulation.
- Victoria Tran scored the game-winning goal in the 99th minute for Navy, who remains the only perfect team in the league with a 3-0-0 mark.
- Baseley McClaskey hit the crossbar in the 92nd minute off a free kick. McClasky had another chance a minute later off an AU foul.
- Navy finished with a 19-16 advantage in shots.
- Sophomore Ryleigh Brown made four saves in the loss.
- Fortson had three saves for the Midshipmen.
- In the 29th minute, the game was halted due to a thunderstorm in the area. The delay lasted 1-hour and 39 minutes. American was ahead 2-0 at the time of the stoppage.
- American will travel to Colgate for a meeting with the Raiders on Sunday afternoon.
- AU will host Lehigh on Saturday, Oct. 6 at Reeves Field on Senior Day.