Sep 21, 2018
WASHINGTON — The American University women's soccer team is looking to keep its home unbeaten streak alive on Saturday when the Eagles host Bucknell in Patriot League play.
- Half-Dozen Donuts — American is unbeaten through five home games this season. The Eagles won all four nonconference game over Mount St. Mary's, Longwood, Hampton and Richmond. In the previous home game, AU tied Boston University (1-1) in the Patriot League opener.
- Home Twine — American has scored nine of its 13 goals at home. The Eagles are averaging 1.80 goals per game at Reeves Field. However, the Eagles have been credited with more shots on the road (80) compared to 62 at home.
- PL Leader — Senior Yari Bradfield is in second place in the Patriot League with 13 points on six goals and one assist. She trails Navy's Baseley McClaskey by one point. McClaskey has six goals and two assists. Bradfield leads the PL in points per game (1.44), total shots (29), shots per game (3.22) and goals (6).
- Leave It All on The Field — Senior Audrey Denkler is having her best all-around season as an Eagle. After a year of injuries, Denkler is second the Patriot League with four assists. As a freshman, Denkler had five points in 18 games.
- Goalkeeping Trio — American has seen three different keepers in goal this season. All three — Ryleigh Brown, Amy Krotine and Morgan Lang — have each recorded a win. Brown is 3-1-3 with three shutouts and a 0.64 goals against average. Krotine pitched a clean sheet against Richmond. Lang won a 2-1 contest against Hampton in late August.
- Tough Start for Bucknell — After a 12-win season and a trip to the NCAA Tournament, Bucknell has dropped six of its first nine games. The Bison enter Saturday's contest winless in their past four games. In late August, Bucknell dropped a 1-0 contest to No. 7 Virginia. Bucknell has not won a game outside of Lewisburg since the Patriot League Tournament last season. Claire Mensi and Jenna Marek lead the Bison with four points on the season. Theresa Adu-Attobrah has played in eight of nine games in goal with a 1.09 goals against average.