Sep 15, 2018
WASHINGTON — American opens up Patriot League play on Sunday afternoon against Boston U. at Reeves Field.
- Best Song Ever — American finished nonconference with the best start in program history with a 5-1-2 record. American defeated Mount St. Mary's, Longwood, UMBC, Hampton and Richmond.
- Nonconference MVP — Senior Yari Bradfield leads the Patriot League with 11 points on five goals and one assist. Classmate Gabriela Maldonado is one point behind Bradfield with four goals and two assists.
- Leave It All on The Field — Senior Audrey Denkler is having her best all-around season as an Eagle. After a year of injuries, Denkler leads the Patriot League with four assists. As a freshman, Denkler had five points in 18 games.
- Staying Consistent — Seven players have started all eight non-league games this year for American — Kyanna Alleyne, Yari Bradfield, Morgan Brinson, Audrey Denkler, Tori Kent, Gabriela Maldonado and Charly Slavick.
- Goalkeeping Trio — American has seen three different keepers in goal this season. All three — Ryleigh Brown, Amy Krotine and Morgan Lang — have each recorded a win. Brown is 3-1-2 with three shutouts and a 0.61 goals against average. Krotine pitched a clean sheet against Richmond. Lang won a 2-1 contest against Hampton in late August.
- Tough Start for BU — Boston University enters Patriot League play with a 1-7-1 record despite playing some tough nonconference competition. The Terriers defeated UConn, 3-0, on Sept. 2. Since then, BU has not found the back of the net in losses to Boston College and West Virginia and a scoreless tie with Dartmouth. Anna Heilferty leads BU with six points. Amanda Fay, Morgan Messner and Emma Heil have all split time in net this season. Messner has the lone win while Fay is 0-3-1 with a 1.65 goals against average.