Aug 18, 2018
WASHINGTON — The American University women's soccer team hits the road for a quick trip to Vermont to meet the Catamounts on Sunday afternoon at noon.
- Offensive Explosion — The Eagles recorded three goals in the season-opener against Mount St. Mary's on Thursday. The last time AU scored three goals in a game and recorded a shutout was against the same Mountaineers on Aug. 28, 2014.
- A First for Three — All three goal scorers against the Mount — Kyanna Alleyne, Tate Jordan and Gabriela Maldonado each scored their first goals in an AU uniform.
- Clean Sheet — Keeper Ryleigh Brown recorded her first collegiate shutout despite not needing to make a save in the 3-0 win. American attacked the Mountaineers throughout the contest by keeping the ball outside of the defensive third of the field.
- Cata-First — American will be the first opponent for Vermont this season. The Catamounts reached the America East Championship last season before bowing out to Stony Brook, 2-1. Vermont was picked sixth in the AE Preseason Coaches Poll.
- All-Time Series — American is 1-2 all-time against Vermont with the previous meeting on Sept. 10, 2017, a 1-0 double-overtime loss at Reeves Field.