WASHINGTON — Kyanna Alleyne, Tate Jordan and Gabrielle Maldonado each scored their first goals in an Eagle uniform as the American women's soccer team defeated Mount St. Mary's 3-0 in the season opener on Thursday evening at Reeves Field.
- American (1-0) recorded its first regular-season opening victory since Aug. 19, 2011, a win over UMBC 2-1.
- The Eagles go on the board in the 18th minute on a goal by Kyanna Allenye.
- Tate Jordan scored her first collegiate goal in the 59th minute of her first game off a through ball from Audrey Denkler.
- Gabriela Maldonado solidified the win with her first as an Eagle and fifth of her collegiate career in the 63rd minute. Maldonado played her first two seasons at LSU where she scored four goals as a freshman.
- American outshot The Mount, 17-1, with a 7-0 advantage in shots on goal.
- Ryleigh Brown picked up her second career win and first collegiate shutout.
- American will travel to Vermont for a meeting with the Catamounts on Sunday afternoon. American is 1-2 all-time against Vermont with the previous meeting on Sept. 10, 2017, a 1-0 double-overtime loss at Reeves Field.
The first game of the year on the PLN was a win for @AU_WSoccer. All three goals are right here in case you missed it. More @PatriotLeague women's soccer coming up tonight on https://t.co/vN4jlTElvV and @WatchStadium. pic.twitter.com/XyMEjoeYnf— Patriot League Network | PatriotLeague.tv (@PatriotLeagueTV) August 16, 2018