Aug 15, 2018
WASHINGTON — The American University women's soccer team kicks off the 2018 season at Reeves Field on Thursday afternoon at 5 p.m. against local nonconference foe Mount St. Mary's out of the Northeast Conference.
- Preseason Poll — The Eagles were picked 10th in the Patriot League Preseason Coaches Poll. Navy garnered 11 first-place votes to finish atop the poll. Boston University, Colgate and Bucknell also received first-place votes, rounding out the top four spots.
- Just a Year Closer — American returns 14 upperclassmen made up of six seniors and eight juniors.
- Return on Investment — American returns 71 percent of its offense from last season. The Eagles finished with 14 total points from seven players. Sophomores Kyanna Alleyne, Charly Slavick and freshmen Asia Horne and Toni Williams each contributed two points. Slavick, Horne and Williams found the back of the net once and Alleyne picked up two assists.
- Hit me with your best shot — American returns all four keepers from last season — Ryleigh Brown, Amy Krotine, Morgan Lang and Colleen Vivaldi. Brown made a team-best 14 appearances and 11 starts as a freshman. Krotine made five starts and Vivaldi made one. Brown and Krotine secured victories for the Eagles while Vivaldi had a 10-save performance in her lone start at Longwood.
- Nine Chances — Fans will have nine opportunities to catch the Eagles at home this season.
- All-American Weekend — Eagles fans and alumni will have a chance to catch the team during All-American Weekend, as AU hosts Lafayette on Oct. 21 at 1 p.m.
- Senior Day — Make your plans to celebrate the career of American's six seniors on Oct. 6 against Lehigh at 1 p.m.
- Watch Live Games — Catch the Eagles all season long on the Patriot League Network on Stadium. All home matches will be streamed live on the WatchStadium.com, and the WatchStadium app.