Game 9 · American (5-3, 0-0 PL) at Bucknell (1-5, 0-0 PL)
Sunday, March 17, 2019 · 3 p.m. · Lewisburg, Pa. (Graham Field)
Series Record: American leads, 15-9
Patriot League Network on Stadium
WASHINGTON - The American University lacrosse team (5-3, 0-0 PL) will look to carry its momentum into the conference season on Sunday as the Eagles travel to Bucknell (1-5, 0-0 PL) for the Patriot League opener at 3 p.m.
- American leads the 24-game series against the Bison, 15-9.
- Bucknell came away with the victory last year, beating the Eagles at home, 15-9.
- Leah Brennan paced AU with her second career hat trick last season, scoring three goals while Lexi Perez and Peyton Smith added two each. Izabella Jade and Amanda Medjid rounded out scoring with one goal each.
- The Bison are on a three-game win streak against the Eagles with the last AU win coming out of the 2015 season, 16-6.
SCOUTING THE EAGLES
- AU is coming off an overtime battle against Detroit Mercy last week, closing out a two-game stretch in Michigan with the 9-8 victory in extra time.
- The Eagles are riding a four-game win streak - the longest for the Eagles since 2013 - and enter PL play with their best nonconference record since 2011 at 5-3.
- Kendall Goldblum bookended the game for the Eagles, opening with the first goal of the day before putting away the game-winner in the final minute of OT.
- Amanda Medjid paced AU with her first hat trick of the season, hitting all three goals in the final minutes of the first half to give American a 6-4 edge heading into the break.
- Casey Harkins, Izabella Jade, and Leah Brennan rounded out scoring for the Eagles. Brennan also pitched in an assist along with Harkins and Peyton Smith.
- Goalkeeper Fiona Geier walked away with five saves in her 65 minutes in goal.
- Goldblum leads the overall scoring efforts for the Eagles with 28 points (22g, 6a) after the first eight games of the season. She ranks sixth in the league with 2.86 goals per game and 3.71 points per game, third for shots per game (6.71).
- Emma Vinall sits just behind with 26 points (20g, 6a) and ranks seventh in the PL behind Goldblum with 2.57 goals per game.
- Smith leads the team with 10 assists so far this season.
- Goldblum also leads in the midfield with 19 ground balls and 14 caused turnovers.
- Brennan has dominated the draw circle so far this season for the Eagles, pulling down 40 draw controls along with her 23 points (17g, 6a).
- Geier leads the team from goal with 49 saves in her 381 minutes of play. She is averaging a 9.28 goals against average and a .454 save percentage.
SCOUTING THE BISON
- Bucknell is looking to snap its three-game skid after dropping games to Robert Morris, 13-10, UC Davis, 13-7, and San Diego State, 20-8.
- The Bison's only win this season came against a mutual foe with the Eagles - Howard. Bucknell shut out Howard with a 23-0 trouncing.
- The most recent loss for Bucknell was the 20-8 defeat at San Diego State. Seven different players scored for the Bison, including Audrey Walsh (2), Eve Calabria, Morgan Steinhacker, Tace Sutherland, Lillie Hunt, Julia Bradbury, and Caroline Walsh.
- Bucknell keeper Jamie DeWitt closed with six saves in her 54 minutes of play. Lauren Kinnee also put in time in the net but gave up two goals.
- DeWitt is among the top returners for the Bison after being selected to the 2019 Preseason All-Patriot League Team. She was Second Team All-Patriot League in 2018 and was ninth in Division I, first in the league, for saves per game (10.75).
- Calabria leads Bucknell with 17 points (8g, 9a) so far this season, followed by Audrey Walsh with 10 (9g, 1a).
- The DeWitt twins, Jamisen and Callie, lead the team with 25 ground balls. Callie has also picked up a team-high 17 caused turnovers.
- Kali Peeples leads the team in the circle with 15 draw controls followed closely by Morgan Steinhacker (13) and Julia Bradbury (11).
AU will return home on Saturday, March 23, to host Army West Point at 1 p.m.
For the latest on American University Lacrosse, stay tuned to AUEagles.com and follow the team on Twitter @AU_Lacrosse.