WASHINGTON– American University hosts its final dual-match of the wrestling season when Old Dominion comes to Bender Arena for a 7 p.m. matchup.
SCOUTING THE EAGLES
• The seniors have been a big part of the Eagles' success in 2018-19, combining for a 20-10 dual-match record and leading AU to a 6-4 team record overall.
• Mutchnik leads the Eagles in victories (22) and is tied with Terao for the team-lead in dual-match wins with seven. Mutchnik, ranked 30th is expected to match up with No. 16 Sa'Derian Perry at 141 pounds.
• Terao, ranked 18th in the most recent NCAA coaches panel listing, comes into Friday's match with a 98-38 career record, attempting to become the ninth Eagle in history to reach 100 career victories. He is 19-4 this season and carries a seven-match winning streak.
• Sprague, ranked 33rd, is 18-7 this season, 78-57 in his career and leads the Eagles with five victories by major decision.
• Sophomore transfer Tanner Harvey is also on a roll, having won six of his last seven. He is 21-8 and was ranked 26th in the NCAA coaches panel.
SCOUTING THE MONARCHS
• Perry is one of four nationally ranked wrestlers in the lineup for ODU, which comes to Bender with an 8-6 record and a 5-2 mark in the Mid-American Conference.
• The lineup includes Larry Early, ranked eighth at 157 pounds and Michael McGee, who is 23-4 overall, 13-0 in duals and ranked 15th at 125 pounds.
• 149-pounder Kevin Budock is 32nd in the NCAA coaches panel at 149 pounds. Sophomore heavyweight Ali Wahab also has 20 wins this season for ODU.
American will travel Sunday to the Mat-Town Open II, hosted by Lock Haven University. The Eagles are in the final stages of preparation for the 2019 Eastern Intercollegiate Wrestling Association Championships in Binghamton, N.Y., on March 8 and 9.
FREE ADMISSION TO FEDERAL WORKERS
AU Athletics has extended its offer for two free tickets to all federal government workers for the remainder of the winter-sport seasons.
With a valid federal government ID, fans will receive free admission for themselves and a guest to support and cheer on the AU Eagles to victory.
For more information and complete details, contact the AU Athletics Ticket Office at 202-885-TIXX.
To purchase tickets and view full schedules click here!
Tickets to all home duals for the 2019 season are on sale now.
- Bring a group of 10+ and save over 40% off your purchase…
- $3 per person
- Join us in Bender Arena for individual duals…
- Adult – General Admission: $8.00
- Youth (17 & below) / Senior (65+) – General Admission: $5.00
- Military/Veterans – General Admission: Free Admission with Identification
CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE TICKETS!
For inquiries e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202.885.TIXX (8499).