PHILADELPHIA– American University faces the first of three straight dual matches on the road on Saturday when it battles Drexel at 7 p.m.
The Eagles also have Eastern Intercollegiate Wrestling Association matches at Bucknell and Navy before returning to Bender Arena on Feb. 15.
• American is 2-4 overall and 2-2 in the EIWA after losing to 20th-ranked Lehigh, 25-12, in its last dual outing.
• Senior 133-pounder Josh Terao leads four Eagles who were ranked this week in the first NCAA coaches panel rating of the season. Terao, listed 19th by the NCAA, is ranked as high as 15th in the national rankings this week.
• Mutchnik (32nd at 141 pounds), Michael Sprague (31st at 149) and Harvey (27th at 184) were the other AU wrestlers noted by the NCAA coaches panel.
• The Dragons have three ranked wrestlers by the NCAA coaches – Ebed Jarrell (15th at 165), Stephen Loiseau (15th at 197) and heavyweight Joey Goodhart (18th).
The Eagles travel to Bucknell on Feb. 8 at Navy on Feb. 14 before returning home for their final two dual matches of the season. American plays host to George Mason on Friday, Feb. 15 and hosts Senior Night on Friday, Feb. 22 at 7 p.m. against Old Dominion.
FREE ADMISSION TO FEDERAL WORKERS
AU Athletics has extended its offer for two free tickets to all federal government workers for the remainder of the winter-sport seasons.
With a valid federal government ID, fans will receive free admission for themselves and a guest to support and cheer on the AU Eagles to victory.
For more information and complete details, contact the AU Athletics Ticket Office at 202-885-TIXX.
To purchase tickets and view full schedules click here!
Tickets to all home duals for the 2019 season are on sale now.
- Bring a group of 10+ and save over 40% off your purchase…
- $3 per person
- Join us in Bender Arena for individual duals…
- Adult – General Admission: $8.00
- Youth (17 & below) / Senior (65+) – General Admission: $5.00
- Military/Veterans – General Admission: Free Admission with Identification
CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE TICKETS!
For inquiries e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202.885.TIXX (8499).