Sep 13, 2019
BERKELEY, Calif. — The American University men's soccer team fell 2-0 to California in the first of two games this weekend in Northern California.
- Simon Lekressner scored the first goal for the Golden Bears in the 16th minute with an assist by Taylor Davila.
- Thomas Williamson added the second goal in the 63rd minute with an assist from Francisco Perez.
- AU keeper Jake Agnew made nine saves on 11 shots against.
- Cal finished with a 31-3 advantage in shots.
- Cal keeper Drake Callender made two saves on shots by Tim Neumann and Oscar McConnell.
- AU will travel a bit South to Stanford to complete the two-game road swing of The Golden State on Sunday at 6 p.m. eastern.
- American will return to Reeves Field to start Patriot League play against Lehigh on Saturday, Sept. 21 at 2 p.m.
- American will honor the 40th Anniversary of the 1979 team that reached the NCAA Quarterfinals.
- The PL Opener will also serve as Doug Dugan Day. Please register HERE to be part of the Doug Dugan Excellence Award reception at the conclusion of the contest.
- To purchase tickets for American men's soccer online, please visit AUEagles.com/Tickets