WASHINGTON — Viggo Sjoberg and Trey Echazarreta scored their first collegiate goals in the second half but Liberty scored three times in a five-minute span to defeat the Eagles, 4-2, on Tuesday afternoon to conclude nonconference play at Reeves Field.
- Viggo Sjoberg's goal came 47 seconds into the second half off a pass from Matt Sloan.
- Trey Echazarreta chipped his first goal with 48 seconds left in the contest. Michael Singgih was credited with his first point as an Eagle with the assist.
- Liberty's Kevin Mendoza scored twice to lead the Flames to victory. Isidoro Garcia and Tresor Mbuyu also scored for the visitors.
- Lucas Manso made two saves in the first half and John Plewes finished the contest and also made two saves.
- AU travels to Lehigh on Saturday at 6 p.m.
Tickets to all AU men's soccer matches at Reeves Field are available throughout the season.
- Bring a group of 10+ and save over 40 percent off your purchase, available at $3 per person
- Individual game tickets are available for $8 for adults, $5 for general admission, youth under 17 and seniors over 65. Military members, veterans and AU students are invited to join the Eagles for free admission with valid ID.
- CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE TICKETS
- For inquiries, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202.885.TIXX (8499)