WASHINGTON — Nico Solabarrieta scored four goals in a seven-minute span for Albany to give the Great Danes a 6-2 win over American on Tuesday afternoon.
- Nick Dimitrijevic scored his first goal of the season in the 17th minute from Josiah Bostic.
- Fabio Massaro scored his team-leading sixth goal of the season on a penalty kick in the 21st minute.
- Haflidi Sigurdarson and Hugo Guerra scored for Albany in the first half.
- Solabarrieta scored his goals in the 65th, 66th, 70th and 72nd minutes of the second half.
- Albany outshot American 14-10
- Albany keeper Danny Vitiello made four saves.
- American utilized two keepers with John Mino making four saves in 70 minutes. John Plewes made his season-debut to complete the contest.
- AU will host Holy Cross on Oct. 13 at 2 p.m.
Tickets to all AU men's soccer matches at Reeves Field are available throughout the season.
- Bring a group of 10+ and save over 40 percent off your purchase, available at $3 per person
- Individual game tickets are available for $8 for adults, $5 for general admission, youth under 17 and seniors over 65. Military members, veterans and AU students are invited to join the Eagles for free admission with valid ID.
- CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE TICKETS
- For inquiries, e-mail email@example.com or call 202.885.TIXX (8499).