Oct 08, 2018
WASHINGTON — The American University men's soccer team will host Albany in a nonconference afternoon contest on Tuesday.
- Colgate Recap — Tight defense and spot-on goalkeeping got the AU Eagles a point in the Patriot League standings with a scoreless draw at No. 20 Colgate on Saturday afternoon. Freshman keeper Lucas Manso made five saves to push the Eagles into a tie for fifth place in the league.
- Patriot League Lead — Fabio Massaro is tied for the league lead in goals with five and is fifth in league points with 10. Massaro and Zouantcha have each scored twice in league play and sit tied for second along with three others.
- Scouting Albany — Nico Solabarrieta leads the Great Danes in goals (4) and points (10). Danny Vitiello has played in all 1,029 minutes this season with a 1.49 goals against average and a .685 save percentage. Albany is riding a five-game winless streak into Reeves Field, but have played solid defensively, not allowing more than two goals in all but one game this year, a 4-3 win over Marist. During Albany's losing streak, the Great Danes have allowed seven goals and pushed opponents to overtime three times.
- AU will host Holy Cross on Oct. 13 at 2 p.m.
Tickets to all AU men's soccer matches at Reeves Field are available throughout the season.
- Bring a group of 10+ and save over 40 percent off your purchase, available at $3 per person
- Individual game tickets are available for $8 for adults, $5 for general admission, youth under 17 and seniors over 65. Military members, veterans and AU students are invited to join the Eagles for free admission with valid ID.
- CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE TICKETS
- For inquiries, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202.885.TIXX (8499).