Sep 28, 2018
WASHINGTON — The American University men's soccer team returns to Reeves Field after three weeks on the road to host Bucknell in AU's Patriot League Home Opener.
- Boston U. Recap — Junior Fabio Massaro scored his team-leading fourth goal this season and second coming off a penalty kick in a 2-1 loss at Boston University last Saturday. Junior keeper Lucas Manso made four saves.
- 21-Day Layover — American has played away from Reeves Field since Sept. 8, which was a rescheduled contest against Mount St. Mary's. AU is 1-0-1 at home this season. Last season, the Eagles struggled at home with a 1-7-1 record. In 2016 and 2015, AU finished 13-4-2 and was a force at home.
- Small Scoring Affairs — AU has not scored more than two goals in a single game this season. In the past four games, AU has scored two goals twice and one goal in the Mount St. Mary's tie and a 2-1 loss to Boston U. Fabio Massaro has scored twice at home this season with the other goal coming from Jerry Zouantcha against George Mason.
- Scouting Bucknell — The Bison picked up a 1-0 win over Lafayette in the Patriot League opener last weekend. Michael Pavick scored the lone goal against the Leopards in the 10th minute. Tyler Peterson leads the Bison in goals (2) and points (4). Nick King has been responsible for three of Bucknell's five goals, picking up assists on goal from Peterson, Pavick and Bernie Wright. Ryan Ott has played well in goal despite three losses. In eight games, Ott has recorded a shutout in all three wins. Ott has a 0.80 goals against average and .825 save percentage.
- Follow Along — Stay up-to-date with the latest news, updates, and scores by following the American University Men's Soccer team on social media. All pre-and-postgame materials can be found on Twitter and Instagram (@au_msoccer).
- Tickets to all AU men's soccer matches at Reeves Field are available throughout the season
- Bring a group of 10+ and save over 40 percent off your purchase, available at $3 per person
- Individual game tickets are available for $8 for adults, $5 for general admission, youth under 17 and seniors over 65. Military members, veterans and AU students are invited to join the Eagles for free admission with valid ID.
- For inquiries, e-mail email@example.com or call 202.885.TIXX (8499).