Aug 24, 2018
WASHINGTON — The American University men's soccer team defeated George Mason, 2-1, in the season opener on Friday evening at Reeves Field.
- With the win, American claims the Kuykenstrong DC College Cup for the third time in five seasons.
- American trailed 1-0 in the 17th minute after Greg Robinson put the Patriots on the board.
- Sophomore Jerry Zouantcha tied the game in the 53rd minute off a feed from junior Tim Neumann.
- Junior Fabio Massaro scored his first goal as an Eagle after sophomore Matt Sloan sent a through ball to the AU newcomer.
- Lucas Manso collected his first win as an Eagle with three saves.
- George Mason keeper Corey Chambers made six saves.
- American will travel down Foxhall Road for a Monday derby match with George Washington.