WASHINGTON — Jacob Boonyasith led the Eagles with 17 points in 33 minutes off the bench but a slow start and hot shooting led Lehigh to an 80-66 win on Wednesday evening.
- Sa'eed Nelson finished with 14 points and four rebounds and fouled out in 34 minutes.
- Mark Gasperini added 12 points and seven rebounds on 4 of 9 from the field.
- Josh Alexander chipped in 11 points off the bench on 4 of 6 from the field.
- Stacy Beckton had nine points but added six rebounds, three assists, three blocks and two steals.
- Sam Iorio was held scoreless but added a team-best eight rebounds.
- The Mountain Hawks led 36-22 at the half and American cut the deficit to nine (59-50) on a Nelson layup with 6:11 left.
- All five Mountain Hawks finished in double figures led by Kyle Leufroy's 18 points.
- The regular season finale is March 2 at Holy Cross.
- The Patriot League Tournament begins on Tuesday with first-round matchups on Tuesday evening.
- The PL Quarterfinals will be played next Thursday at the highest seeds.
Updated PL Standings: 1. Colgate (12-5), 2. Bucknell (12-5), 3. Lehigh (12-5), 4. American (8-9), 5. Army West Point (8-9), 6. Boston University (7-10), 7. Lafayette (7-10), 8. Navy (7-10), 9. Holy Cross (6-11), 10. Loyola Maryland (6-11)
@AU_MBasketball Postgame Highlights vs. Lehigh (2/27/19)— American U. Men's Basketball (@AU_MBasketball) February 28, 2019
Jacob Boonyasith led the Eagles with 17 points and Sa'eed Nelson had 14 points.
American will conclude the regular season at Holy Cross on Saturday. pic.twitter.com/K2KNTis6Um