WEST POINT, N.Y. — Sa'eed Nelson finished with 26 points, five rebounds and five assists to snap American's three-game losing skid with a 77-66 win over Army West Point on Sunday.
- Nelson is now eighth all-time in AU scoring after passing Mark Nickens on the scoring list. Nelson now had 1,516 career points.
- Larry Motuzis had 15 points, three rebounds and one assist in 36 minutes.
- Sam Iorio added 13 points on 3 of 7 from the outside. He added five rebounds, two steals and two blocks to his arsenal.
- Stacy Beckton Jr. continued his consistent play in the PL with 13 points and six rebounds in 31 minutes.
- Lonnie Grayson led the Black Knights with 14 points. Matt Wilson had 11 points and seven rebounds.
- American led 35-29 at the half and continued to hold the lead through a late comeback attempt by Army.
- The Eagles' final regular-season home game is Feb. 27 against Lehigh.
- The regular-season finale is March 2 at Holy Cross.
- Tickets to all AU Men's Basketball home games at Bender Arena are available throughout the season on AUeagles.com/Tickets.
- Individual game tickets are available for $10 to $18 for adults and $7 to $14 for youth 17 & below and seniors over 65. Military members, veterans, and AU students are invited to join the Eagles for free admission with valid ID. Bring a group and save up to 50% off on end zone reserved seating.
- AU has extended its free two tickets offer for Federal Government workers through the men's and women's basketball and wrestling regular seasons.
@AU_MBasketball Postgame Highlights vs. Army West Point (2/24/19)— American U. Men's Basketball (@AU_MBasketball) February 25, 2019
Sa'eed Nelson led the Eagles with 26 points and Larry Motuzis had 15 points. Sam Iorio and Stacy Beckton Jr. had 13 points.
American hosts Lehigh on Wednesday. pic.twitter.com/4W4P5VOT40