Feb 20, 2019
EASTON, Pa. — Alex Petrie scored the game-winning basket for Lafayette with three seconds remaining to give the Leopards a 70-68 win over American on Wednesday evening.
- Sa'eed Nelson led the Eagles with 22 points, seven rebounds, four steals and three assists in 38 minutes.
- Stacy Beckton Jr. had 13 points and seven rebounds in 38 minutes.
- Sam Iorio added 12 points, six rebounds and three assists.
- Mark Gasperini scored all six points in the paint and collected six rebounds.
- American led 35-29 at the break and held a 10 points advantage 49-39 with 15:10 left to play.
- Lafayette's largest advantage was three midway through the opening half.
- Paulius Zalys and Alex Petrie combined for 33 points off the bench as Zalys led the team with 19 points.
- Justin Jaworski had 13 for the hosts.
- American visits Army West Point on Feb. 24.
- The Eagles' final regular-season home game is Feb. 27 against Lehigh.
- The regular-season finale is March 2 at Holy Cross.
- Tickets to all AU Men's Basketball home games at Bender Arena are available throughout the season on AUeagles.com/Tickets.
- Individual game tickets are available for $10 to $18 for adults and $7 to $14 for youth 17 & below and seniors over 65. Military members, veterans, and AU students are invited to join the Eagles for free admission with valid ID. Bring a group and save up to 50% off on end zone reserved seating.
- AU has extended its free two tickets offer for Federal Government workers through the men's and women's basketball and wrestling regular seasons.