Feb 13, 2019
WASHINGTON — Sa'eed Nelson led the American with 20 points but a late second-half surge by Loyola erased a double-digit lead for an 86-84 Greyhound win on Wednesday evening at Bender Arena.
- Nelson finished the night shooting 8-of-9 from the field with eight assists.
- Sam Iorio returned after missing the previous three games and finished with 18 points and eight rebounds.
- Mark Gasperini added 14 points and Stacy Beckton Jr. had 15 points and six rebounds.
- Loyola tied the contest as timed expired heading into the half 35-35.
- American jumped out to a 13-point lead with 7:47 remaining before the Loyola finished the game on a 29-14 run.
- Loyola was led by Andrew Kostecka with 31 points and five steals.
- AU hosts Colgate on Saturday. The game will be seen live on Stadium.
- Prior to the contest, AU will honor its four seniors and one team manager on Senior Day.
- Tickets to all AU Men's Basketball home games at Bender Arena are available throughout the season on AUeagles.com/Tickets.
- Individual game tickets are available for $10 to $18 for adults and $7 to $14 for youth 17 & below and seniors over 65. Military members, veterans, and AU students are invited to join the Eagles for free admission with valid ID. Bring a group and save up to 50% off on end zone reserved seating.
- AU has extended its free two tickets offer for Federal Government workers through the men's and women's basketball and wrestling regular seasons.
- February 3-Pack: For $50 you will receive three sideline seats to any three games during the month.
- AU fans and alumni receive a special 10% discount off any order now through Thursday, Feb. 14. Call 301.986.0986 and mention "AU Athletics" or visit www.ChevyChaseFlorist.com and use coupon code "GoAU" to receive your discount.