WASHINGTON — Sa'eed Nelson led American with 20 points and Stacy Beckton Jr. recorded his first collegiate double-double (12 points and 10 rebounds) as the Eagles snapped a five-game skid over Bucknell with a 76-68 victory on Saturday at Bender Arena.
- Nelson's shot 6 of 11 from the field and hit 7 of 12 from the line.
- Sam Iorio had 17 points and seven rebounds while knocking down 9 of 9 from the free throw line.
- Beckton Jr. pulled down all 10 rebounds on the defensive end where he was a key contributor with two blocks and one steal.
- Larry Motuzis and Josh Alexander each had nine points with Motuzis grabbing seven rebounds.
- American led wire-to-wire and had a 15-1 lead early in the contest.
- AU led 36-25 at the half and increased the lead after a double technical foul was called on the Bison to extend the lead (64-55) with 3:11 left.
- Nate Sestina had 13 points and eight rebounds. Bruce Moore had 11 points and 11 rebounds.
- AU visits Loyola Maryland on Wednesday before return to Bender to face Holy Cross on Saturday.
- Tickets to all AU Men's Basketball home games at Bender Arena are available throughout the season on AUeagles.com/Tickets.
- Individual game tickets are available for $10 to $18 for adults and $7 to $14 for youth 17 & below and seniors over 65. Military members, veterans, and AU students are invited to join the Eagles for free admission with valid ID. Bring a group and save up to 50% off on end zone reserved seating.
- Two Free tickets to all Federal Government workers for the month of January to all home events.
- February 3-Pack: For $50 you will receive three sideline seats to any three games during the month.
@AU_MBasketball Postgame Highlights vs. Bucknell (1/26/19)— American U. Men's Basketball (@AU_MBasketball) January 27, 2019
Sa'eed Nelson led all scorers with 20 points and Stacy Beckton Jr. recorded his first collegiate double-double (12 points and 10 rebounds). pic.twitter.com/zcMWOg8UoO