Game 19 · Bucknell (12-7, 6-1 PL) at American (9-9, 3-4 PL)
Saturday, Jan. 26, 2019 · 4 p.m. · Washington, D.C. (Bender Arena)
All-Time Record: Bucknell leads, 42-22
Stream: Patriot League Network on Stadium
Talent: Dan Laing (pxp), Jeremy Huber (analyst), Hannah Wohlfahrt (sideline)
Game Notes: American | Bucknell
WASHINGTON — The American University men's basketball team is looking get a season split over Bucknell and snap a five-game losing streak to the Bison on Saturday at 4 p.m.
SCOUTING THE EAGLES
- Sa'eed Nelson led all scorers with 26 points, six assists, five steals and two steals.
- Larry Motuzis found his stroke from the outside with 11 points on 3 of 4 from beyond the arc.
- Stacy Beckton Jr. finished with 11 points and was strong on the defensive side with two blocks and two steals.
- Mark Gasperini had eight points and Nelson's target inside the paint with four layups.
- American got big minutes off the bench from Josh Alexander (six points) and Marvin Bragg (three points and three rebounds).
SCOUTING THE BISON
- Nate Sestina has been slowed down in the past two games, averaging 8.0 points per game against Lehigh and Loyola Maryland. In the previous contest, Sestina dropped 32 points against Holy Cross on 11 of 11 from the field. Sestina had 14 points against American on Jan. 12. He is second on the team, averaging 16.0 points and leads the team in rebounds at 7.9.
- Kimbal Mackenzie leads the team in points (16.1) and second in assists (3.2). Mackenzie had his second 25-point performance of the PL against Lehigh.
- Bruce Moore (10.3), Avi Toomer (9.3) and Jimmy Sotos (9.3) have all scored double figures in multiple conference games this season.
- AU visits Loyola Maryland on Wednesday before return to Bender to face Holy Cross on Saturday.
- Tickets to all AU Men's Basketball home games at Bender Arena are available throughout the season on AUeagles.com/Tickets.
- Individual game tickets are available for $10 to $18 for adults and $7 to $14 for youth 17 & below and seniors over 65. Military members, veterans, and AU students are invited to join the Eagles for free admission with valid ID. Bring a group and save up to 50% off on end zone reserved seating.
- Two Free tickets to all Federal Government workers for the month of January to all home events.
- February 3-Pack: For $50 you will receive three courtside seats to any three games during the month.