BOSTON — Sa'eed Nelson led all scorers with 26 points, six assists and five steals to push American over Boston University 70-66 on the road at Case Gym.
- With the win, American is back to. 500 on the season at 9-9 overall and 3-4 in the PL.
- Nelson was a force to be reckoned with connected on 9 of 12 from the field and had a field day driving the lane. Nelson also made seven free throws.
- Larry Motuzis found his stroke from the outside with 11 points on 3 of 4 from beyond the arc.
- Stacy Beckton Jr. finished with 11 points and was strong on the defensive side with two blocks and two steals.
- Mark Gasperini had eight points and Nelson's target inside the paint with four layups.
- American got big minutes off the bench from Josh Alexander (six points) and Marvin Bragg (three points and three rebounds).
- Boston was led by Max Mahoney with 24 points and 13 rebounds.
- American led 35-31 at the half and had a 12-point lead early in the contest (19-7).
- Boston answered back with and took a 22-21 lead before American quickly regained an eight-point advantage (35-27) with 1:46 left in the half.
- The Eagles withstood Boston's comeback with an 11-2 run and led 60-51 with 7:08 left on a 3-pointer by Motuzis.
- Boston got within two points (64-62) on a 5-0 run by Mahoney and Tyler Scanlon.
- American will host Bucknell on Saturday at 4 p.m. as part of a doubleheader with the women's team who hosts Lafayette at noon.
- Tickets to all AU Men's Basketball home games at Bender Arena are available throughout the season on AUeagles.com/Tickets.
- Individual game tickets are available for $10 to $18 for adults and $7 to $14 for youth 17 & below and seniors over 65. Military members, veterans, and AU students are invited to join the Eagles for free admission with valid ID. Bring a group and save up to 50% off on end zone reserved seating.
- Two Free tickets to all Federal Government workers for the month of January to all home events.
- February 3-Pack: For $50 you will receive three courtside seats to any three games during the month.
@AU_MBasketball Postgame Highlights vs. Boston Univ. (1/23/19)— American U. Men's Basketball (@AU_MBasketball) January 24, 2019
Sa'eed Nelson led all scorers with 26 points and six assists. Stacy Beckton Jr. and Larry Motuzis each had 11 points. pic.twitter.com/OxgUNyqrex