Jan 19, 2019
WASHINGTON — Sa'eed Nelson and Stacy Beckton Jr. each finished with 18 points but a second-half comeback and a late 3-pointer to send the game to overtime were not enough as Lafayette defeated American 84-79.
- Stacy Beckton Jr. finished with a career-best 18 points in his first start of the season. Beckton Jr. also had seven rebounds, three assists and three steals in 40 minutes.
- Sa'eed Nelson shot 10 of 14 from the free throw line and pulled down six rebounds, five assists and four steals.
- Sam Iorio added 17 points and seven rebounds on 5 of 11 from the outside.
- Off the bench, Josh Alexander had 12 points on 4 of 5 from the field.
- AU trailed 33-28 at the half and went on a 9-0 run in the second half to force overtime.
- Lafayette was led by Paulius Zalys with 21 points off the bench. Justin Jaworski finished with 16 points.
- AU will travel up to Boston to complete the season series with the Terriers on Monday evening. The game will be live on CBS Sports Network.
- Tickets to all AU Men's Basketball home games at Bender Arena are available throughout the season on AUeagles.com/Tickets.
- Individual game tickets are available for $10 to $18 for adults and $7 to $14 for youth 17 & below and seniors over 65. Military members, veterans, and AU students are invited to join the Eagles for free admission with valid ID. Bring a group and save up to 50% off on end zone reserved seating.
- Two Free tickets to all Federal Government workers for the month of January to all home events.
- Bender Weekender: $85 gets you a sideline ticket to all five Saturday home match-ups this January and February.