Game 17 · Lafayette (4-12, 1-4 PL) at American (8-8, 2-3 PL)
Saturday, Jan. 19, 2019 · 2 p.m. · Washington, D.C. (Bender Arena)
All-Time Record: American leads, 37-24
TV: Stadium — Fios Ch. 820
Stream: Patriot League Network on Stadium
Watch Facebook: Stadium College Basketball
Talent: Matt Martucci (pxp), Craig Esherick (analyst)
Game Notes: American | Lafayette
WASHINGTON — American is in danger of falling under .500 for the first time this season as they host Lafayette on Saturday at 2 p.m. Both teams are coming off back-to-back Patriot League losses and a win would push either up the standings. American is 5-2 at Bender Arena this season.
SCOUTING THE EAGLES
- Sa'eed Nelson led all scorers with 26 points and had eight rebounds and five assists on the road at Lehigh. Nelson connected on 11 of 19 from the field.
- Sam Iorio had a much better homecoming than last season, as he finished with 17 points and six rebounds. Last season at Lehigh, Iorio had two points and fouled out in 29 minutes.
- Stacy Beckton Jr. had his fifth double figures scoring game this season with 16 points against Bucknell. Beckton Jr. was one point behind his career-best of 17 points, which he set at Colgate on Jan. 6
- AU is 5-2 at home this season, its best since 2014-15 when AU finished 8-3.
SCOUTING THE LEOPARDS
- Justin Jaworski leads the team in scoring at 14.2 points per game. In league play, Jaworski is averaging 17.6 points while shooting 56 percent from the field, 60 percent from 3-point and 78 percent from the free throw line.
- Alex Petrie is second in scoring at 13.9 points per game. in five PL games, Petrie has scored in double figures in all but a three-point outing against Army West Point.
- Paulius Zalys is third in scoring (10.2) and second in rebounding (5.1) despite starting seven of 15 games.
- Despite a 4-12 record, Lafayette is only being outscored by 3.8 points with all four league losses by single digits.
- AU will travel up to Boston to complete the season series with the Terriers on Monday evening. The game will be live on CBS Sports Network.
- Tickets to all AU Men's Basketball home games at Bender Arena are available throughout the season on AUeagles.com/Tickets.
- Individual game tickets are available for $10 to $18 for adults and $7 to $14 for youth 17 & below and seniors over 65. Military members, veterans, and AU students are invited to join the Eagles for free admission with valid ID. Bring a group and save up to 50% off on end zone reserved seating.
- Two Free tickets to all Federal Government workers for the month of January to all home events.
- Bender Weekender: $85 gets you a sideline ticket to all five Saturday home match-ups this January and February.