BETHLEHEM, Pa. — Sa'eed Nelson had 26 points and led a second-half comeback but Lehigh went on a 6-0 run late to pull off an 83-76 win over American on Wednesday evening.
- Nelson finished the night with 26 points, eight rebounds, five assists and two steals in 37 minutes.
- Sam Iorio had his second homecoming playing in front of friends and family as the neighboring Allentown, Pennsylvania, native dropped 17 points and six rebounds.
- Stacy Beckton Jr. had another impressive game off the bench with 16 points, six rebounds, three steals and two assists. Beckton also had finished well at the rim and had his second putback slam in back-to-back games.
- Mark Gasperini was the fourth Eagle to record double digits with 10 points.
- Lehigh had five players in double figures led by Lance Tejada, James Karnik and Pat Andree who each had 14 points.
- The Mountain Hawks led 47-31 at the break but American went on an 8-0 run and then a 10-0 run to cut the deficit to a two-possession game until Nelson scored a layup to put American within two (72-70).
- American returns home for Lafayette on Saturday for a Stadium exclusive broadcast.
- Following the Lafayette contest, AU will travel up to Boston to complete the season series with the Terriers on Monday evening. The game will be live on CBS Sports Network.
- Tickets to all AU Men's Basketball home games at Bender Arena are available throughout the season on AUeagles.com/Tickets.
- Individual game tickets are available for $10 to $18 for adults and $7 to $14 for youth 17 & below and seniors over 65. Military members, veterans, and AU students are invited to join the Eagles for free admission with valid ID. Bring a group and save up to 50% off on end zone reserved seating.
- Two Free tickets to all Federal Government workers for the month of January to all home events.
- Bender Weekender: $85 gets you a sideline ticket to all five Saturday home match-ups this January and February.
@AU_MBasketball Postgame Highlights vs. Lehigh (1/16/19)— American U. Men's Basketball (@AU_MBasketball) January 17, 2019
Sa'eed Nelson had 26 points, eight rebounds, five assists and two steals. Sam Iorio finished with 17 points and six rebounds. Stacy Beckton Jr. added 16 points off the bench and Mark Gasperini had 10 points. pic.twitter.com/4dph0B939b