Game 16 · American (8-7, 2-2 PL) at Lehigh (10-5, 3-1 PL)
Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2019 · 7 p.m. · Bethlehem, Pa. (Stabler Arena)
All-Time Record: Tied 26-26
Stream: Patriot League Network on Stadium
Game Notes: American | Lehigh
WASHINGTON — American will look for its third win of the season on Wednesday against Lehigh, who leads the Patriot League with three wins. American is coming off a last-minute loss to Bucknell while Lehigh was dealt its first loss of league play at Colgate. American is 5-1 in games following a loss and Lehigh is 4-0.
SCOUTING THE EAGLES
- Sa'eed Nelson led all scorers with 18 points and had seven assists and six rebounds on the road at Bucknell.
- Sam Iorio pulled down 12 rebounds and scored seven points
- Larry Motuzis scored eight of nine points in the first half and made 2 of 4 from the 3-point land.
- Stacy Beckton Jr. added nine points, three rebounds, and three steals.
- Against Bucknell, American had one player score in double figures. This is the first game this season an Eagle was the lone player to reach double digits.
SCOUTING THE MOUNTAIN HAWKS
- Pat Andree leads the Mountain Hawks with 15.1 points and scored a season-best 31 points in the opener at Monmouth. Andree has scored in double figures in all but one game this season.
- Kyle Luefroy struggled in the last contest at Colgate but is second on the team, averaging 14.1 points per game.
- Lance Tejada had one of the best shooting performances of the season against Holy Cross with 36 points on 10 of 14 3-pointers. He is third in team scoring at 13.9 points per contest with 55 assists.
- Jordan Cohen and James Karnik round out the starting unit for Brett Reed. Cohen leads the team in assists (59) and Karnik in rebounds (5.7).
- American returns home for Lafayette on Saturday for a Stadium exclusive broadcast.
- Following the Lafayette contest, AU will travel up to Boston to complete the season series with the Terriers on Monday evening. The game will be live on CBS Sports Network.
- Tickets to all AU Men's Basketball home games at Bender Arena are available throughout the season on AUeagles.com/Tickets.
- Individual game tickets are available for $10 to $18 for adults and $7 to $14 for youth 17 & below and seniors over 65. Military members, veterans, and AU students are invited to join the Eagles for free admission with valid ID. Bring a group and save up to 50% off on end zone reserved seating.
- Two Free tickets to all Federal Government workers for the month of January to all home events.
- Bender Weekender: $85 gets you a sideline ticket to all five Saturday home match-ups this January and February.