LEWISBURG, Pa. — Bucknell's Nate Sestina hit a pair of 3-pointers in the final three minutes of regulation and American had a chance to win at the buzzer, but the Bison stole a 55-54 win away from the Eagles on Saturday afternoon at Sojka Pavilion.
- Sa'eed Nelson led all scorers with 18 points and had seven assists and six rebounds.
- Sam Iorio pulled down 12 rebounds and finished with seven points.
- Larry Motuzis scored eight of nine points in the first half and made 2 of 4 from the 3-point land.
- Stacy Beckton Jr. added nine points, three rebounds, and three steals.
- Bucknell's Bruce Moore had a double-double with 13 points and 15 rebounds,
- Sestina added 14 points and spent most of the contest on the bench with early foul trouble.
- American led 30-28 at the break. Bucknell took a 38-36 lead with 15:58 left on Moore's layup.
- The Eagles continue its Pennsylvania road trip at Lehigh on Wednesday.
- American returns home for Lafayette on Saturday for a Stadium exclusive broadcast.
- Tickets to all AU Men's Basketball home games at Bender Arena are available throughout the season on AUeagles.com/Tickets.
- Individual game tickets are available for $10 to $18 for adults and $7 to $14 for youth 17 & below and seniors over 65. Military members, veterans, and AU students are invited to join the Eagles for free admission with valid ID. Bring a group and save up to 50% off on end zone reserved seating.
- Two Free tickets to all Federal Government workers for the month of January to all home events.
- Bender Weekender: $85 gets you a sideline ticket to all five Saturday home match-ups this January and February.
@AU_MBasketball Postgame Highlights vs. Bucknell (1/12/19)— American U. Men's Basketball (@AU_MBasketball) January 12, 2019
Sa'eed Nelson had 18 points, seven assists, six rebounds and two steals. Larry Motuzis and Stacy Beckton Jr. each had nine points. pic.twitter.com/3stqQjuguf