Game 14 · Navy (5-8, 2-0 PL) at American (7-6, 1-1 PL)
Wednesday, Jan. 9, 2019 · 7 p.m. · Washington, D.C. (Bender Arena)
All-Time Record: American leads 46-42
Stream: Patriot League Network on Stadium
Talent: Dan Laing (pxp), Jeremy Huber (analyst), Hannah Wohlfahrt (sideline)
WASHINGTON — The American Univerisity men's basketball team returns to Bender Arena for one game against Navy before a pair on the road. American is coming off a loss at Colgate while Navy is perfect through two Patriot League contests.
SCOUTING THE EAGLES
- Sa'eed Nelson had a game-best 18 points with four assists and three rebounds in 39 minutes against Colgate. Nelson is second in league-only scoring at 24.0 points per game.
- Sam Iorio scored all of his 13 points in the first half against the Raiders. Since flipping to conference play, Iorio is sixth in the league averaging 18.0 points per game in league-only numbers.
- Mark Gasperini added 10 points and seven rebounds.
- Stacy Beckton, Jr. had a career-best 17 points on 5 of 6 from the floor and a perfect 3-for-3 from the outside.
SCOUTING THE MIDSHIPMEN
- Hasan Abdullah scored the game-winning basket with one second left after a missed jumper by Cam Davis. Abdullah finished with 15 points, nine rebounds and eight assists. Abdullah is third on the team in scoring at 9.5 points.
- George Kiernan leads the team averaging 11.3 points and second with 4.9 rebounds per contest. Kiernan had 20 points against Colgate in the PL opener.
- Cam Davis is second in scoring but has been held to single digits in the first two PL games. Davis had a season-high 19 points against Bryant.
- John Carter Jr. has been impressive through 13 games as a freshman. He is fourth in scoring at 7.5 points and leads the team in rebounds at 5.2.
- The Eagles hit the road for a pair of games at Bucknell (Jan. 12) and Lehigh (Jan. 16).
- Tickets to all AU Men's Basketball home games at Bender Arena are available throughout the season on AUeagles.com/Tickets.
- Individual game tickets are available for $10 to $18 for adults and $7 to $14 for youth 17 & below and seniors over 65. Military members, veterans, and AU students are invited to join the Eagles for free admission with valid ID. Bring a group and save up to 50% off on end zone reserved seating.
- Two Free tickets to all Federal Government workers for the month of January to all home events.
- Bender Weekender: $85 gets you a sideline ticket to all five Saturday home match-ups this January and February.