WASHINGTON – Sa'eed Nelson finished with a season-high 30 points and Sam Iorio added 23 as American University won its Patriot League men's basketball opener with an 86-74 victory over Boston University on Wednesday night at Bender Arena.
- With the win, American improved to 7-5 on the season and 1-0 in the Patriot League.
- Nelson's 30-point performance is his third best career output.
- Sam Iorio finished with 23 points and pulled down five rebounds.
- Mark Gasperini re-entered the starting lineup with 12 points on 5 of 6 shooting.
- Larry Motuzis and Stacy Beckton Jr. each had eight points with Beckton Jr. adding six rebounds.
- American led 39-28 at the break. American shot 70 percent from the field in the second half and weathered a small single digit comeback by the Terriers.
- Tyler Scanlon led four BU players who scored in double figures with 18 points.
- American will play three of its next four games away from Bender Arena starting with Colgate on Jan. 6.
- The Eagles return for a midweek contest against Navy next Wednesday (Jan. 9) before games at Bucknell (Jan. 12) and Lehigh (Jan. 16).
- Tickets to all AU Men's Basketball home games at Bender Arena are available throughout the season on AUeagles.com/Tickets.
- Individual game tickets are available for $10 to $18 for adults and $7 to $14 for youth 17 & below and seniors over 65. Military members, veterans, and AU students are invited to join the Eagles for free admission with valid ID. Bring a group and save up to 50% off on end zone reserved seating.