Game 12 · Boston University (7-6, 0-0 PL) at American (6-5, 0-0 PL)
Wednesday, Jan. 2, 2019 · 7 p.m. · Washington, D.C. (Bender Arena)
All-Time Record: Boston Univ. leads, 10-5
TV: NBC Sports Washington +
Stream: Patriot League Network on Stadium
Talent: Dan Laing (pxp), David Aldridge (Analyst), Chloe Pavlech (Sideline)
WASHINGTON — The "second season" for the American University men's basketball team starts on Wednesday evening with a visit from the Boston University Terriers to Bender Arena to begin Patriot League play. AU swept the season series last season.
SCOUTING THE EAGLES
- Sam Iorio led all scorers with 20 points and pulled down six rebounds to go along with three blocks and two steals in the overtime loss at George Washington.
- Mark Gasperini returned after missing two games with strep throat and finished his first double-double of the season (12 points and 13 rebounds).
- Stacy Beckton Jr. is averaging 10.0 points per game over the last two games in a sixth-man role. Beckton Jr. had 11 points, four rebounds, three steals and two blocks against the Colonials.
- American was without the services of Sa'eed Nelson for a majority of the contest as the Eagles' point guard was in foul trouble.
SCOUTING THE TERRIERS
- Max Mahoney has made a major impact on the Terriers over the past three seasons. Mahoney leads the team at 16.2 points and 5.8 rebounds per game. Mahoney had a season-high 23 points against UMass Lowell.
- Local-product Tyler Scanlon has matured in his role running the point for the Terriers and is second in scoring (13.5) and leads the team in assists at 3.4 per game.
- Javante McCoy is the only player to start in all 13 games this season for the Terriers. McCoy is third in scoring at 10.4 points per game.
- Boston has been without the services of All-PL Rookie Team member Walter White for the first 13 games of the season due to an injury.