WASHINGTON — Sam Iorio scored a career-high 33 points and American had its highest scoring performance under head coach Mike Brennan with a 95-82 win over Saint Francis University on Tuesday evening.
- The 95 points were the highest scoring performance for the Eagles since the Patriot League Tournament First Round against Lafayette when AU scored 86 points.
- The last time American reached 95 points was a double-overtime win at Lafayette on Feb. 26, 2011.
- American finished with all five starters in double figures, the last time this occurred was at Navy on Feb. 22, 2017.
- Mark Gasperini finished with 14 points and career-high seven assists.
- Sa'eed Nelson had his first double-double with 17 points and 12 rebounds.
- Larry Motuzis scored a season-best 15 points on 5 of 8 from the field.
- Marvin Bragg added 11 points in his first start of the season.
- The Eagles went into the break with a 20-point lead and led 50-30.
- The 50 points in the first half are the most points scored by #AUMBB since leading 47-30 against Florida Atlantic on Nov. 20, 2010.
- Isaiah Blackmon led the Red Flash with 22 points.
- The Eagles will travel to cross-town rival Howard on Saturday afternoon.
Tickets to all AU Men's Basketball home games at Bender Arena are available throughout the season on AUeagles.com/Tickets.
Bring a group and save up to 50% off on end zone reserved seating…
o 10+ Group Rate: $7 per person
o 40+ Group Rate: $5 per person
· Individual game tickets are available for $10 to $18 for adults and $7 to $14 for youth 17 & below and seniors over 65. Military members, veterans, and AU students are invited to join the Eagles for free admission with valid ID.