Game Notes: American | Boston U.
News, Notes, and Storylines
SCOUTING THE EAGLES
- Sa'eed Nelson led the Eagles with 16 points, six assists and shot 7 of 8 from the line.
- Larry Motuzis had his first double-double as an Eagle finishing with 14 points and 11 rebounds against Lehigh.
- The Eagles got another top performance from Marvin Bragg with 10 points and five rebounds. Bragg hit 3 of 6 from the outside.
- CB Diallo led the Eagles with four 3-pointers and had 13 points.
- American set a season-high with 12 3-pointers made on 33 attempts. AU has found a good rhythm from the outside in the past three games.
SCOUTING THE TERRIERS
- Cedric Hankerson leads the Terriers, averaging 14.4 points per game. Hankerson has struggled with injuries throughout his career.
- Max Mahoney is second on the team in scoring (12.4) and second in rebounds (5.1).
- Boston is riding a three-game winning streak and secured wins in five of the last six.
- The Terriers are in the positive side of scoring margin. Boston is outscoring its opposition by 1.1 points per game after playing top non-league opponents UConn and Miami.
- Boston U. head coach Joe Jones has a winning percentage of .500 compiling 202 wins at Columbia and BU.
LAST TIME OUT: American shot a season-best 12 3-pointers and cut a double-digit deficit to five points, but a late 3-pointer and free throws put the Mountain Hawks lead back to double digits.
#AUMBB CELL PHONE BILL IS HIGH: Since Patriot League started, American has connected on 52 of 139 from the outside for an 8.7 made 3-pointer per game. Sam Iorio and Larry Motuzis are tied for the team lead with 11 made triples in PL play. Eight players have connected from the outside in the six league games.
DOUBLE-DOUBLE WITH CHEESE: Larry Motuzis finished with his first double-double as an Eagle with 14 points and 11 rebounds. Motuzis pulled down 10 defensive rebounds to lead all players. When he wasn't grabbing the glass, Motuzis had three assists and two steals.
BUILDING BLOCKS: In his last two starts, Marvin Bragg has averaged 10.5 points and five rebounds per game. Bragg has connected on 4 of 7 from the outside and 7 of 11 from the field.