Game #17 • American (4-12, 1-4 PL) at Lehigh (7-9, 2-3 PL)
Sun., Jan. 14, 2018 • 2 p.m. ET • Bethlehem, Pa. • Stabler Arena (6,200)
Stream: Patriot League Network
— Tom Fallon (PXP), Greg Falkenbach (Analyst)
Live Stats: LehighSports.com
News, Notes, and Storylines
SCOUTING THE EAGLES
- Sam Iorio picked up his fourth double-double of the season and third in four games with 20 points and 11 rebounds against Loyola Maryland.
- Sa'eed Nelson also finished with 20 points and added seven assists, three steals and shot 5 of 7 from the free throw line.
- Marvin Bragg had 11 points and five rebounds in his second collegiate start.
- Larry Motuzis had his best complete game of the season with nine points, 10 rebounds, five assists and two steals in 34 minutes.
- American connected on 11 of 17 from the outside, including 6-for-6 to start the game.
SCOUTING THE MOUNTAIN HAWKS
- Lance Tejada is off to a quick start in his first season with Lehigh after transferring from East Carolina. Tejada leads the Mountain Hawks with 15.1 points per game.
- Kahron Ross is second on the team, averaging 12.8 points per game. Ross leads the team in assists with 72.
- After losing center Tim Kempton to graduation, James Karnik has taken over up the middle. In 16 games, Karnik is averaging 7.9 points per game. He leads the team in rebounds per game (6.4) and blocks (6).
LAST TIME OUT: American connected on 11 3-pointers and held a 19-point lead in the second half to grab its first Patriot League win over Loyola Maryland, 76-65, on Thursday evening.
LET IT RAIN: American tied a season-best with 11 3-pointers made against Loyola. In AU's first win of the season at New Hampshire, the Eagles connected on 11 of 30 from the outside. In the Loyola win, AU hit 11 of 17 for a 64.7 percent from the outside. This was American's best shooting percentage of the season from three.
THE ROARING '20S: Sa'eed Nelson and Larry Motuzis are both averaging over 20 points per game in wins this season. Nelson's 22.0 points per game in wins lead the Eagles while Motuzis is at 21.0 per win. As a team, American is outscoring its opposition by 7.8 per win.
I'M NOT BRAGGING: Marvin Bragg had 11 points and five rebounds in his second start of the season against Loyola. He tied his season-best which was originally set in a win over New Hampshire. In his two starts this season, Bragg is averaging 9.0 points and four rebounds per game. In the three out of four wins in which he played, Bragg is averaging 9.3 points and 4.0 per game.
4TH D-D HEADING INTO HOMECOMING: Sam Iorio completed his fourth double-double of the season and third in the last four games as he will play in front of friends and family at Lehigh. He is the first freshman under head coach Mike Brennan to have more than one double-double as a rookie.
WASHINGTON'S STOCK RISING LIKE THE DOW: James Washington has seen more in the last two games than in his first nine games combined. Through his first nine games this season, Washington played a total of 41 minutes. In the Army West Point and Loyola games, Washington played 48 total minutes. In the previous two games, Washington is averaging 4.0 points and 4.0 rebounds per game but his defense is what puts him on the floor.