News, Notes, and Storylines
SCOUTING THE EAGLES
- Sa'eed Nelson is second in the Patriot League in scoring, behind Zach Thomas at 18.3 points per game. Nelson had 11 points and four assists in the loss to Marquette.
- The Golden Eagles held Larry Motuzis to 12 points in 26 minutes. On the defensive side, Motuzis had three steals, but his four fouls kept him on the bench for a majority of the contest.
- American finished the non-league season with three wins, with wins over New Hampshire, VMI and Howard. The Eagles are 2-1 at home.
- After 11 games, the Eagles have three players in double figures — Nelson, Motuzis and freshman Sam Iorio.
SCOUTING THE BISON
- After making the NCAA Tournament last season, Bucknell scheduled a tough non-conference slate that put the Bison 6-7 heading into Patriot League Play. Bucknell met powerhouses Arkansas, Maryland, Saint Joseph's, VCU, Richmond and North Carolina.
- 2017 Patriot League Player of the Year Nana Foulland is second on the team in scoring, averaging 16.9 points per game. He is also second in rebounding at 5.9 per contest.
- Zach Thomas leads the team in most offensive and defensive categories. He leads the Patriot League with 22.4 points per game and is second in league rebounding at 8.9 per contest. Thomas had 38 points in a win over Stony Brook.