Game #10 • Mount St. Mary's (4-7) at American (3-6)
Mon., Dec. 18, 2017 • 7 p.m.ET • Washington, D.C. • Bender Arena (4,500)
All-Time Record: American, 33-31
STREAM: Patriot League Network on Stadium
— Dan Laing (PXP), Jeremy Huber (Analyst), Hannah Wohlfart (Sideline)
Live Stats: http://www.aueagles.com/sports/m-baskbl/2017-18/boxscores/20171218_t0kx.xml
News, Notes, and Storylines
SCOUTING THE EAGLES
- Sam Iorio completed his first collegiate double-double with 10 points and 11 rebounds. Iorio played in his second game since returning after missing a pair of games due to a concussion. Iorio shot 3 of 9 from the field and was perfect, 3-for-3 at the line.
- Larry Motuzis scored a career-best 29 points and was named the College Sports Madness Player of the week, yet only garnered Patriot League Honorable Mention status.
- Sa'eed Nelson had 21 points — his sixth 20+ point performance this season — and connected on 50 percent of field goals and made all five free throws.
- Drew LaMont had his best game during the season with eight points in 18 minutes and drilled a pair from the corner.
SCOUTING THE MOUNTAINEERS
- Junior Robinson leads the team in scoring, averaging 23.1 points per game. He is 11th in the NCAA in scoring and is ninth in guard scoring.
- Robinson is sixth in free throw percentage (95.1), ninth in field goals made (86), 12th in the NCAA in total field goal attempts (189), 10th in total points (254)
- Chris Wray has made an impact return to The Mount's lineup since returning from an injury that sidelined him for the first eight games. Wray is averaging 5.3 points, 6.7 rebounds,2.7 assists, 2.7 blocks and 2.7 steals in three games. He already leads the team with eight blocks shots this season.
LAST TIME OUT: An early first-half deficit was easily combated with a 25-4 run in the final nine minutes of the half to put the Eagles ahead 31-29 at the break. American held the lead the rest of the way and took a double-digit lead with 11 minutes left en route to a 74-63 win over Howard.
FIRST TIME, LONG TIME: Sam Iorio completed his first collegiate double-double against the Bison with 10 points and 11 rebounds. Iorio is third in team scoring, averaging 10.9 points per game. He leads the squad in rebounds per game at 5.1 and free throw percentage (90.5).
NUMBAH ONE: Larry Motuzis has recorded the best back-to-back home starts as an Eagle. In his Bender Arena debut against VMI on Nov. 26, Motuzis had 26 points on 9 of 17 from the field. In his second home game, Motuzis had a career-best 29 points on 8 of 16 from the field and 11 of 16 from the line. Last season, Sa'eed Nelson posted a pair of 24-point performances against Wagner and Saint Francis University. In his third game against Western Illinois, Nelson had 12 points.
SA'EED FROM PLEASANTVILLE: Sa'eed Nelson has scored in double figures in all 15 home games as an Eagle. Last season, he scored in double figures 13 times with six 20+ point games. This season, Nelson has reached double figures in both games and netted 21 points in each contest.