Teams: American (2-1) vs. San Francisco (1-1)
Series: First Meeting
Last Meeting: N/A
Date and Location: Monday, November 19, 7:30 p.m. – Bender Arena, Washington, D.C.
Web: Eagle Vision TV - Dan Laing (Play-By-Play), Jeremy Huber (Analyst)
The American Univeristy men's basketball team wraps up a two-game homestand on Monday, November 19, at Bender Arena, as the Eagles take on the San Francisco Dons at 7:30 p.m. Fans can watch all the action on Eagle Vision TV at AUeagles.tv.
American improved to 2-1 on Thursday night, defeating its second-straight NEC oppoenent, downing Mount St. Mary's, 62-57.
The class of 2013 has been rock solid for American in the early going, providing leadership, production and clutch performances.
The Eagles got a huge boost off the bench against the Mount from senior Mike Bersch who played 28 minutes and went 5-of-7 from downtown for 15 points to go along with five rebounds.
Senior forward Stephen Lumpkins has come on strong this past week and shows no rust after missing the 2011-12 season to pursue a career in Major League Baseball after being drafted by the Kansas City Royals. Lumpkins averaged 20 points and 8.5 rebounds in the team's 2-0 week while shooting .824 from the field.
Senior point guard Daniel Munoz played a game-high 37 minutes versus Mount St. Mary's and hit four clutch free throws down the stretch to ice the game. Munoz knocked down two from the charity strip with 20.4 seconds left to give American a two-point lead and eventually put the game away with two more with just 4.1 ticks left on the clock.
American has registered some impressive percentages from the floor as a team this season shooting 42.1 percent from the field, 46.7 from 3-point range and 76.6 from the free throw line.
Next up, the Eagles hit the road on Saturday, November 24 when they face Florida Atlantic at 1 p.m.
Scouting the Opponent
• After a season-opening loss against Stanford, USF got in the win column with a 73-58 victory over Cal State-East Bay on Thursday night.
• Junior De'End Parker scored 18 points to lead five players in double figures in the victory. Junior Cole Dickerson double-doubled with 14 points and 15 rebounds.
• Parker leads the team with 15.5 ppg. Avry Holmes is second on the squad with 15.0 ppg while shooting .563 percent from the floor.
• Dickerson has pulled down 34 rebounds in just two games and averages a double-double with 12.5 ppg.
• USF head coach Rex Walters is in his fifth season, leading the team to a 20-win season last year, the program's first in 30 seasons.