STATE COLLEGE, Pa. – Adriana Hooks placed 28th individually in the women's race to lead American University performances Friday at the NCAA Mid-Atlantic Regional Cross Country Championships hosted by Penn State.
Hooks led the AU women to a 19th-place finish as a team, while the AU men finished 18th.
Matthew Rainey led the Eagle men with a 61st-place individual finish.
• Hooks finished the 6-kilometer women's course in 21 minutes, 51 seconds. She led the AU women to the line for the sixth time in six meets this season.
• Rainey covered the 10K men's course in 32:44, finishing as the top AU male for the fourth straight meet.
• Villanova scored 33 points to win the women's team title, putting four finishers among the top nine. Sophomore Rachel McArthur of Villanova was the women's individual champion, finishing in 21:03.
• Princeton edged the Wildcats for the men's team title, 61-73. The Tigers had three runners among the top eight.
• Villanova junior Casey Comber was the men's individual champion, finishing in 31:05.