WASHINGTON - The American University track and field team earned four more personal record (PR) marks and two program all-time top ten finishes on Saturday to close out one of the last meets of the regular season on Saturday with the Morgan State Legacy Meet.
- Among the highlights for the day was Arianna Lopez who knocked four seconds off her previous best in the 800-meter run to time through with seventh-fastest time in program history in 2:16.89.
- The women's 4x400-meter relay, featuring Emily Houghton, Adriana Hooks, Yara Doumit, and Elise Hooker also walked away with the No. 7 performance in school history, timing through in 4:16.31.
- A pair of Eagles earned PR's in the women's 1500m run, starting with Shelbi Wuss who closed in seventh in the field with a final time of 4:51.84.
- On the men's side, Miguel Dickenson earned the only career-best with a 2:01.26 crossing in the 800m run.
- Gerard D'Ambrosio III picked up the team's only event win of the day after he paced the 5000m field in 15:54.22.
- Trevor Patton also earned a top-five finish with his top mark of 6.62m (21-8.75) in the long jump while John Pagliaro rounded out the top-ten finishers with his sixth-place finish in the 1500m run.
HEAR FROM COACH GRAHAM...
"Today was a good day for the Eagles. This was the close of our full regular season, and we used this meet to better some times as well as get some preparation in for the championship season. The race of the day hands down goes to Arianna Lopez with a massive four-second PR in the 800m, lowering from 2:20 to 2:16. We're headed to a few more specific meets for a couple of athletes this next week, then off to the Patriot League Championship meet the following week!"
|400m Dash, Men||30. Christian Kahn, 53.24 | 40. Faolan Coogan Pluck, 55.24|
|400m Dash, Women||40. Kaitlyn McTernan, 1:03.33|
|800m Run, Women||7. Arianna Lopez, 2:16.89 PR #7 | 17. Elise Hooker, 2:23.06 | 20. Kassidy Ayres, 2:23.78|
|800m Run, Men||8. Miguel Dickenson, 2:01.26 PR | 17. Justin Dignan, 2:06.54 | 20. Caleb Brown, 2:07.97|
|1500m Run, Women||7. Shelbi Wuss, 4:51.84 PR | 19. Katelyn Deibler, 5:05.31 PR | 20. Clare Hernandez, 5:06.49|
|1500m Run, Men||6. John Pagliaro, 4:07.38|
|5000m Run, Men||1. Gerard D'Ambrosio, 15:54.22|
|Long Jump, Men||4. Trevor Patton, 6.62m (21-8.75)|
|4x400m Relay, Women||11. (Houghton, Hooks, Doumit, Hooker), 4:16.31 #7|
|4x400m Relay, Men||11. (Doiron, Rainey, Purdy, Lustig), 4:00.62|
The Eagles will close their regular season next week with the historic Penn Relays from Thursday, April 25, to Saturday, April 27. The Patriot League Outdoor Track & Field Championship meet is set for Friday, May 3, and Saturday, May 4, at Holy Cross in Worcester, Mass.
For the latest on American Track & Field, stay tuned to AUEagles.com and follow the team on Twitter @AU_TrackXC.