WASHINGTON - Five Eagles earned personal record (PR) marks over the weekend as the American University Track & Field team closed out its two days at the 54th Annual Colonial Relays in Williamsburg, Va., on Saturday.
- The weekend opened on Friday morning with the women's 5,000-meter run, where Katelyn Deibler shaved an impressive 32 seconds off of her previous PR with an 18:49.03 performance to place 15th in the field.
- The men's race had a similar result with Gerard D'Ambrosio III topping his previous career best with a 15:21.79 crossing for 13th.
- Emily Houghton was the next PR of the day in the women's 800m, placing ninth in the field in 2:18.61.
- Kassidy Ayres paced through with a 4:51.67 PR in the 1500m to close out the personal bests on the women's side while Max Lustig continues to shave off time in the men's 3000m steeplechase, this time by seven seconds as he placed 19th overall in 9:45.01.
- Adriana Hooks crossed with the highest placing of the weekend for the women, running just off her career-best in the 10k, which also ranks third in the AU record books, with a 35:45.81 finish for fourth in the field.
- On the men's side, Liam Purdy retook the line for the first time in the 800m since he hit the second-fastest time in program history with his 1:50.28 PR at last weekend's Raleigh Relays. This time around, he landed just outside that time with a 1:50.78 performance for second in the invitational field.
HEAR FROM COACH GRAHAM...
"Very solid weekend for us down in Williamsburg. We came away with a lot of big PR's and those that didn't were right at their PR times. Great races by Katelyn Deibler and Gerard D'Ambrosio III in the 5k with PR's by over 30 and 12 seconds. Max Lustig took another step forward in the steeple, knocking eight more seconds off. Really looking forward to next weekend at Mason to get after it again."
The Eagles will stay close to home next weekend with the George Mason Spring Invitational on Saturday, April 13.
For the latest on American University Track & Field, stay tuned to AUEagles.com and follow the team on Twitter @AU_TrackXC.
|Long Jump, Men||8. Trevor Patton, 6.49m (21-3.50)|
|800m Run, Women||9. Emily Houghton, 2:18.61 PR|
|800m Run, Men (Invitational)||2. Liam Purdy, 1:50.78|
|800m Run, Men||21. Matthew Rainey, 1:56.86 | 65. Faolan Coogan Pluck 2:10.25|
|1500m Run, Women||49. Kassidy Ayres, 4:51.67 PR | 53. Arianna Lopez, 4:53.58|
|5000m Run, Women (Invitational)||46. Clare Hernandez, 18:29.74 | 47. Shelbi Wuss, 18:30.62|
|5000m Run, Women||15. Katelyn Deibler, 18:49.03 PR|
|5000m Run, Men (Invitational)||19. Ben Doiron, 14:49.70 | Aidan Caggiano, DNF|
|5000m Run, Men||13. Gerard D'Ambrosio III, 15:21.79 PR|
|10k Run, Women||4. Adriana Hooks, 36:02.57|
|3000m Steeplechase, Men||19. Max Lustig, 9:45.01 PR|
|Sprint Medley, Men||17. (Concha-Pedraza, Kopp, Kahn, Rainey), 3:37.38|
|Distance Medley, Women||14. (Hooker, McTernan, Lopez, Hernandez), 12:35.33|