WASHINGTON - Championship season is right around the corner for the American University track & field team as the Eagles set out to close the regular season this weekend at the two-day VMI Winter Relays in Lexington, Va.
ABOUT THE MEET
- Schedule of Events
- Live Results
- Events will begin on Friday at the Corps Physical Training Facility in Lexington and will conclude Saturday afternoon.
- Division I Teams Competing: AMERICAN, Coastal Carolina, Duquesne, George Mason, Hampton, Howard, James Madison, Radford, Richmond, VCU, William & Mary, Wofford.
- This meet will mark the AU debut for nine Eagle freshmen Yara Doumit (60m), Ceyda Guleryuz (400m), Alisha Netus (60m), Monique Rickenbacker (60m), Dan Concha-Pedraza (60m), Nick Farrell (1000m), Khalil Ibrahim (60m), Mark Kopp (400m), and Yoshimune Satake (60m) are all set to take the track for the first time in the red, white, and blue.
- The meet will open at 2 p.m. on Friday for the Eagles with the first of two school record events for senior Trevor Patton. Patton owns the top mark in AU history for both the triple jump (12.72m / 41-8.75) and long jump (7.11m / 23-4), which will open the second day of competition. Patton will also return to the 200-meter dash on Saturday for the first time since running the eighth fastest time in program history at the Navy Winter Invitational in December (23.72).
- Junior Arianna Lopez will feature in the women's 1,000m run for the first time this season. She sits at No. 8 in program history with her personal record (PR) from the 2016-17 season (3:01.68).
- Among the highlights on Saturday is the return of junior Emily Houghton in the women's 800m run. Houghton made her mark in the event's all-time top ten list during her last time out, running a 2:21.18 to land at No. 10 in AU history.
- Rounding out the all-time top ten performers is senior Adriana Hooks who is set to continue her climb up the record book in the 3000m run on Saturday. She currently sits at No. 5 all-time with her 9:53.05 PR.
- Sophomore Shelbi Wuss also owns real estate in the 3000m top ten list with her 10:08.66 PR from last season, good for No. 9.
- Other names to look for throughout the weekend include seniors Matthew Rainey in the men's mile and Ben Doiron in the men's 3000m.
The Eagles will be back at Navy on Saturday, Feb. 16, and Sunday, Feb. 17, for the Patriot League Indoor Track & Field Championshps.
For the latest on American Track & Field, stay tuned to AUEagles.com and follow the team on Twitter @AU_TrackXC.
#AUTF SCHEDULE - FRIDAY
|2:00 PM||Triple Jump, Men||Trevor Patton (Sr.)|
|3:00 PM||60m Dash Prelims, Men||Dan Concha-Pedraza (Fr.) | Khalil Ibrahim (Fr.) | Yoshimune Satake (Fr.)|
|3:15 PM||60m Dash Prelims, Women||Alisha Netus (Fr.) | Monique Rickenbacker (Fr.) | Yara Doumit (Fr.)|
|4:00 PM||60m Dash Semis, Men|
|4:10 PM||60m Dash Semis, Women|
|4:30 PM||4x800m, Women|
|4:45 PM||400m Dash, Men||Mark Kopp (Fr.)|
|5:00 PM||400m Dash, Women||Elise Hooker (Fr.) | Ceyda Guleryuz (Fr.)|
|5:15 PM||1000m Run, Men||Caleb Brown (Jr.) | Aidan Caggiano (Fr.) | Justin Dignan (Jr.) | Nick Farrell (Fr.)|
|5:25 PM||1000m Run, Women||Arianna Lopez (Jr.)|
|6:15 PM||5000m Run, Women||Katelyn Deibler (Jr.)|
#AUTF SCHEDULE - SATURDAY
|10:00 AM||Long Jump, Men||Trevor Patton (Sr.)|
|10:00 AM||Mile Run, Men||Miguel Dickenson (Fr.) | Matthew Rainey (Sr.)|
|11:05 AM||60m Dash Final, Women|
|11:10 AM||60m Dash Final, Men|
|12:20 PM||800m Run, Men||Christian Kahn (Fr.)|
|12:40 PM||800m Run, Women||Emily Houghton (Jr.) | Lucia Rose (Sr.)|
|1:05 PM||200m Dash, Men||Trevor Patton (Sr.)|
|2:10 PM||3000m Run, Men||Ben Doiron (Sr.) | Max Lustig (So.) | Michael Weidenbruch (So.)|
|2:45 PM||3000m Run, Women||Clare Hernandez (Fr.) | Adriana Hooks (Sr.) | Shelbi Wuss (So.)|