FAIRFAX, Va. - Three program all-time top ten performances highlighted the American University track & field team's performances on Friday and Saturday as the Eagles took to the track for the first time in 2019 at George Mason's Patriot Games.
- The Eagles earned ten top-ten finishes over the two-day meet, including a seventh-place finish in the women's 5000m from senior Adriana Hooks to open events on Friday evening. Hooks, who currently holds the No. 2 time in program history with her 17.13.73 personal record (PR), landed just outside of her time from the Navy Winter Invitational in December with a 17:38.86 crossing.
- Freshman Clare Hernandez followed with a 16th-place performance in 18:14.10, good for ninth in the AU program record books.
- Senior Trevor Patton led the Eagles with his second-place finish in the long jump. The AU school record holder with his 7.11m (23-4) personal best, just missed on first place with his top mark of 6.76m (22-2.25).
- Patton also added his name to the program record list for the 200m dash, landing at No. 9 all-time with his 23.93 finish.
- Junior Emily Houghton made it into her third all-time top ten list after running the 10th fastest time in AU history for the women's 800m with her third-place crossing on Saturday (2:21.18).
- Senior Matthew Rainey also earned a third-place finish with his 4:25.90 performance in the men's mile run while classmate Kassidy Ayres placed 10th in the women's field.
- Sophomore Shelbi Wuss (fifth, 3000m) and junior Justin Dignan (10th, 800m) rounded out the top-ten finishers for the Eagles.
HEAR FROM COACH GRAHAM
"We had a decent showing today for our first meet since early-December. Unfortunately, we weren't able to get in our "rust buster" meet last weekend due to weather, and so jumped into this weekend a little flat. There were some strong performances and some learning points, as well. We're looking forward to sharpening up a few areas and getting back on the track in a few weeks at VMI."
Long Jump, Men - 2. Trevor Patton, 6.76m (22-2.25)
60m Dash, Men - 21. Francisco Ventura, 7.92
200m Dash, Women - 28. Emily Houghton, 29.29 | 30. Elise Hooker, 30.27
200m Dash, Men - 16. Trevor Patton, 23.93 #9 | 24. Christian Kahn, 24.77
400m Dash, Women - 19. Kaitlyn McTernan, 1:06.74
400m Dash, Men - 18. Trevor Patton, 53.89 | 19. Christian Kahn, 54.01
800m Run, Women - 3. Emily Houghton, 2:21.18 #10 | 9. Elise Hooker, 2:27.25 | 24. Lucia Rose, 3:00.54
800m Run, Men - 10. Justin Dignan, 2:04.89 | 13. Caleb Brown, 2:06.20 | 17. Tommy Sommer, 2:08.28
Mile Run, Women - 10. Kassidy Ayres, 5:26.55
Mile Run, Men - 3. Matthew Rainey, 4:25.90 | 20. John Pagliaro, 4:47.78
3000m Run, Women - 5. Shelbi Wuss, 10:47.87 | 22. Katelyn Deibler, 11:24.89
3000m Run, Men - 10. Aidan Caggiano, 8:54.38 | 15. Max Lustig, 9:07.61 | 18. Miguel Dickenson, 9:14.94
5000m Run, Women - 7. Adriana Hooks, 17:38.86 | 16. Clare Hernandez, 18:14.10 #9
5000m Run, Men - 15. Ben Doiron, 15:19.92 | 18. Michael Weidenbruch, 15:30.84
4x400m Relay, Women - 7. (Suzzane Davis, Malak Hattab, Paige Kupsky, Eleanor Felton), 4:28.99
For the latest on American University Track & Field, stay tuned to AUEagles.com and follow the team on Twitter @AU_TrackXC.