WASHINGTON – The American University track & field team will restart its 2018-19 indoor season this weekend after an eight-week respite over the holiday break. The Eagles will travel to nearby George Mason for the Patriot Games on Friday and Saturday.
ABOUT THE MEET
- Venue: The Field House
- Teams Competing: Davidson (men), UMBC, Mount St. Mary's, Johns Hopkins, Bowie State, George Washington, Goucher, Salisbury, George Mason, Richmond, Loyola (Md.), Catholic, Mary Washington, VCU
- Full Meet Schedule (tentative)
- Live Results
- The Eagles opened the 2018-19 indoor campaign with a series of program all-time top-ten performances at the Navy Winter Invitational (Dec. 1).
- Senior Trevor Patton clocked through with the eighth-fastest 200m dash time (23.72) and 10th-fastest 400m dash (52.16) in program history alongside his third-place finish in his specialty event, the long jump (6.71m / 22-0.25).
- Patton is one of two returning AU program record holders on the men's side, along with fellow-senior Matthew Rainey.
- Patton currently holds top marks in the long jump (7.11m / 23-4) and triple jump (41-8.75) while Rainey was a member of the record-breaking 4x800m relay from the 2017 Patriot League Indoor Championship meet (7:31.30).
- Patton will highlight in his specialty event, the long jump, and make appearances in both the 200m and 400m dashes along with freshman Christian Kahn.
- Rainey will also be featured in one of his specialty events as he takes the track for his first mile run of the season.
- On the women's side, junior Emily Houghton moved up a couple of spots in the 500m dash top-ten list after hitting the third-fastest time in AU history (1:20.11). Freshman Elise Hooker also had an exciting start to her season, landing at No. 7 all-time in the 500m dash (1:25.81).
- Both Houghton and Hooker will bump up to the 800m run on Saturday along with senior Lucia Rose before closing their day with the 200m dash.
- Senior Adriana Hooks came away with the first event win of the season after leading the field in the 5,000-meter run (17:32.35). Hooks currently owns the second-fastest 5k time in program history from the 2015-16 indoor season (17:13.73). She will be back on the line for the event Friday evening alongside freshman Clare Hernandez.
- Senior Kassidy Ayres and junior Arianna Lopez will also be featured in one of their record book events. Ayres ranks fourth in program history for the mile run with her 4:54.10 personal record (PR) while Lopez is eighth in the 1,000m run (3:01.68).
After WLJ – Long Jump, Men (Trevor Patton)
11:00 a.m. – 60m Dash Prelims, Men (Francisco Ventura)
1:00 p.m. – Mile, Women (Kassidy Ayres)
1:15 p.m. – Mile, Men (John Pagliaro, Matthew Rainey)
2:15 p.m. – 400m Dash, Women (Kaitlyn McTernan)
2:35 p.m. – 400m Dash, Men (Christian Kahn, Trevor Patton)
3:20 p.m. – 800m Run, Women (Elise Hooker, Emily Houghton, Lucia Rose)
3:35 p.m. – 800m Run, Men (Caleb Brown, Justin Dignan, Tommy Sommer)
3:50 p.m. – 1000m Run, Women (Arianna Lopez)
4:00 p.m. – 1000m Run, Men (Faolan Coogan-Pluck, Gerard D'Ambrosio III)
4:15 p.m. – 200m Dash, Women (Elise Hooker, Emily Houghton)
4:35 p.m. – 200m Dash, Men (Christian Kahn, Trevor Patton)
4:55 p.m. – 3000m Run, Women (Katelyn Deibler, Shelbi Wuss)
5:20 p.m. – 3000m Run, Men (Aidan Caggiano, Miguel Dickenson, Max Lustig)
5:45 p.m. – 4x400m, Women
For the latest on American University Track & Field, stay tuned to AUEagles.com and follow the team on Twitter @AU_TrackXC.