LEWISBURG, Pa.– Senior Scott Callander broke his own school record in the men's 100-yard butterfly on Friday, finishing sixth in the championship final at the 2019 Patriot League Swimming and Diving Championships hosted by Bucknell.
Callander went 48.48 in the final, lowering his school record by 0.01 second. His 13 individual points helped keep the Eagles in seventh in the men's team standings.
Lily Koenig also swam in the evening session, placing 11th in the women's 100 backstroke. Her mark of 55.85 moved her into second all-time at AU. The Eagles head into Saturday's final day of competition in ninth place as a team.
• Callander's morning swim in the men's 100 fly was 48.87, putting him within sight of his 48.49 school record. Freshman Yannick Bohbot-Dridi went 50.60 to earn 14th on the Eagles' top-16 list.
• Sam Fromkin had AU's best mark of the season in the 400 IM by four seconds, moving from 16th to 15th with a 4:06.74 clocking.
• Garrett Sooter went 1:00.03 in the 100 breaststroke prelims, the best by an Eagle this season.
• Connor Chidsey placed 14th and Chris Hernandez was 16th in the men's 1-meter diving event.
• Callander, Luke Riebling, Bennett and Bohbot-Dridi placed eighth in the men's 200 free relay in 1:25.26. The foursome moved into 12th place all-time at AU.
• Koenig just missed making the 'A' final in the women's 100 backstroke, finishing ninth in the morning prelims at 55.97. She became only the third AU woman under 56 seconds.
• Abby Longstaff improved her ninth-place mark at AU with a 57.58 clocking, while Ellen Johnson moved from 13th to 10th with a 58.13. Emily Gill joined her teammates with a season-best performance in the 100 back.
• Eleanor Felton was 17th in the prelims in the women's 100 fly, improving her fifth-place mark at AU with a 56.39 swim. Gill also had a season-best in this event.
• Alex Brosvik needed a swim-off to earn an alternate spot for the 100 breaststroke finals, with her 1:06.44 moving her from 11th to 10th at AU. Malak Hattab (13th at AU) and Cami Nourie also had season-bests.
• Johnson, Longstaff, Felton and Brosvik went 1:35.43 in the 200 freestyle relay late Friday, posting the second-best time at AU.
Live Results - http://sidearmstats.com/bucknell/swimming/index.htm
Video (Saturday Prelims Session) - https://watchstadium.com/network/patriot-league-network/159663/
Video (Saturday Finals Session) - https://watchstadium.com/network/patriot-league-network/159664/