LEWISBURG, Pa. – Sophomore Lily Koenig won a pair of individual titles, leading four event-victories by American University women's swimmers on Saturday at the Bison Invitational.
Koenig won both backstroke events (58.04 in the 100 back, 2:06.72 in the 200 back) for the Eagles, who also got wins from junior Ryan Jolley (2:11.73 in the 200 individual medley) and sophomore Kyra Manson (57.47 in the 100 butterfly).
The event was the final tuneup of the regular season before the Patriot League Championships, which will also be hosted by Bucknell.
• Alex Brosvik had a second (100 breaststroke) and a pair of thirds in the 50 free and the 100 free.
• AU's divers had their strongest performances of the season thus far and showed they're ready for the PL meet.
• Anna Derrow improved her season-best by 17 points on the 1-meter board with a second-place finish of 240.75. The mark moved her into seventh all-time at AU. She scored 272.55 on the 3-meter board, posting a career-best, moving into fourth all-time and coming within eight points of the NCAA Zone Championships qualifying standard.
• Scott Callander had the best swims of the day for the AU men, placing second in the 200 fly (1:55.87) and fifth in the 100 fly (51.44).
• In men's diving, Chris Hernandez finished third on 1-meter at 212.50, with his season-best putting him 13th all-time at AU. He also had a season-best 157.30 on the 3-meter board.
• Connor Chidsey had a career-best 203.30 on the low board, moving into 14th at AU. His is now 12th at AU on the 3-meter board after improving his season-best by 21 points and finishing third at 190.55.
• Matt Bean was fifth for the Eagles in the 100 backstroke in 53.07.
American next competes at the 2019 Patriot League Swimming and Diving Championships on Feb. 20 through 23. AU's final home event of the season will be Wednesday, Feb. 27 at the Eagle Invitational.