WASHINGTON– The American University swimming and diving team returned home late this week from its annual winter training trip just in time for Saturday's triangular meet at Georgetown with the Hoyas and George Washington.
Diving begins at 11 a.m., with the swimming events scheduled for 1 p.m.
SCOUTING THE EAGLES
• American last swam in competition on Nov. 17 at the Patriot Invitational at George Mason. The Eagles finished seventh in the men's team standings and eighth on the women's side in the three-day event.
• Having rested and tapered prior, AU posted a number of strong marks at Mason. So far this season, the AU women have added 18 marks to the all-time top 16 in program history.
• Sophomore Alex Brosvik has five of those marks, led by a 50-yard freestyle time of 23.76 that has her in third all-time at AU.
• On the men's side, sophomore Liam Riebling has added his name to the lists in both butterfly events, with senior Scott Callander sitting atop the 100 fly list with last year's school-record time of 48.49.
• Three new marks on the men's side have come in diving, with Ben Cook, Connor Chidsey and Chris Hernandez adding their names.
American swims next Saturday, Jan. 19 at George Mason in a quadrangular with Army West Point, Old Dominion and the host Patriots. The Eagles are in preparation for the 2019 Patriot League Championships to be hosted by Bucknell on Feb. 20 to 23.