FAIRFAX, Va. – Sophomore Scott Callander won the men's 100-yard butterfly on Friday to highlight American University performances this weekend at the Patriot Invitational swimming and diving meet hosted by George Mason.
* Korth went 4:36.07 in the 500 free final, but his 4:35.22 in prelims was just off his career-best… His 50.31 in the prelims was also just a hundredth off his career-best.
* Jason Tillotson's 4:07.25 in the 400 IM earned him 15th in the meet and put him 15th all-time at AU.
* Garrett Sooter was 12th in the 1,650 free in 16:25.86, breaking into AU's all-time list in 16th place. Julian Wainer was 15th in that event.
* Callander went 1:50.10 in the prelims of the 200 fly, with his new collegiate best tying him for fourth on AU's top-16 list.
* Shannon Exley had a career-best 24.48 in the prelims of the women's 50 free… She tied for the win in the C final at 24.52… She later was 11th in the 100 free (52.52).
* AU had a pair of eighth-place finishes in the relays, going 1:46.71 in the 200 medley relay and 3:32.94 in the 400 free relay.
* Watson went 56.67 in the prelims of the 100 fly, while Olivia Wons had a career-best 57.38 in the prelims before finishing 15th in the evening. Wons' time moved her in to sixth all-time at AU.
* Watson's second-place finish in the 100 back was behind only Drexel freshman Alexa Kutch, who won with an NCAA B-cut at 54.25… Wons had a 58.45 in the prelims and was 16th.
* Watson had a career-best 2:04.02 in the prelims of the 200 back, moving into 5th at AU.
* Tori Haviland cut almost two seconds off her previous career-best in the 200 fly, with her 2:06.93 earning seventh all-time at AU.
* Caulfield also placed 10th in the prelims in the women's 1-meter diving.